Saturday 2 February 2013

What I Learned Today

  Tomorrow I have an arduous trip. I'll be going to Edina, Bassa County, to preach at the First Baptist Church. The pastor is the Reverend Al Green! (at least that is what his friends in Liberia call him).
  The road to Edina is good, by Liberian standards. By American standards, however, it will be a challenge. We will have four hours, each way, on rough, but paved roads.
  By comparison, the road from Buchanan, Grand Bassa to Greenville, Sinoe County would be called "impassible" by American standards. On that road the ruts are deep enough to swallow an SUV.
  I digress.
  Since I have a very early departure tomorrow I decided to bathe about 6p. Wow. That's what I will do from now on. I am still fresh (as my Liberian friends say) and have had a great evening.
  My hope is to find some support for Rev. Green to visit the States. He would be a good ambassador for Liberian Baptists--he is a VP in the Baptist Convention of Liberia. He is witty and well-spoken. I'll be asking friends in GA, SC, AL, and beyond to consider welcoming him.

No comments:

Post a Comment